TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Sunday, June 24, 2007

What Are the Odds...












of finding three missing puzzle pieces after 2.5 years?

BUMMER!

Not a pleasant ending for me as I was literally bent over this baby for a large portion of the last forty-eight hours, give or take 16 hours for potty, food and sleeping breaks. I got a few takers today who came to realize that if they chose not to participate in my nightmare, there was no telling whether or not they would get fed tomorrow or even the next day.

Again, I dug through the nasty vacuum cleaner bag, looked under furniture, lifted cushions, removed books from their shelves, moved the shelves. ETC. ETC.

"Home For the Holidays" is now going to take a nice long vacation under my couch and maybe, just maybe in a year or two, somebody will find the missing pieces in the underwear they never wear anymore or an old sock that no longer has a match.

I never really liked Thomas Kinkade anyway. The fact that we've lost pieces from two out of two of his puzzles can only mean one thing; they suck. Not to mention he's nearly ruined our family tradition because my children were too frustrated to have any fun. They especially didn't like it when I had to take drastic measures by skipping over dinner and the laundry and telling them after eight hours that we hadn't yet spent enough quality family time together.

"Ohhh, children. New Frontier is on the table. And don't worry, Bo Newell is a painter of many colors, not a painter of fright---I mean light."

No comments: