TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Nature at Work











We learned a few weeks ago that aphids and ants are often best friends. Ants provide protection for aphids against ladybugs in exchange for honeydew which the aphids secrete from their abdomens after eating the sap from new plants. The ants get the honeydew by stroking the aphid's abdomen.

My oldest daughters have a knack for discovering these little treasures that I would almost always miss. I love that they have the desire to look so closely at the world around them.

The white specks are the aphid larvae.

I never cease to marvel at the intricacies of God's handiwork.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

VERY cool that the girls found this! Robert's been killing aphids left and right, JUST before we put ants in the ant farm (that are now all dead anyway).

I'm showing this pic to Trevor!

:)