
I've always loved gardening, and we planted lots of flowers on Father's Day. Last year when June came around, we were experiencing one heat wave after another. The temps reached averages easily above 100 degrees for weeks at a time through much of our summer. My roses never bloomed. I didn't bother to plant because I knew I couldn't keep anything alive.
The temps have been much cooler this month and I've actually managed to persuade my younger ones to come out and help me plant flowers and lay bark down in the beds.
They don't like the way clay and dirt dry up nasty all over their hands, but they'll still do anything for their mommy.
"You guys are so excited to be here planting with your mom, huh. I bet you can't wait to have your own garden some day. Guess what? Tomorrow we get to fertilize all this stuff! I bet you won't even need mommy's help for that.""Ohhhhh. You don't really like planting as much as mommy?"
1 comment:
Great shots, I love how the color pops out in all of them, and I like the color focus on the first pic too.
:)
Post a Comment