My food, my clothing, the roof over my head; they are all rich gifts. How blessed I am to be able to wake up each day, walk on my own two feet, take a warm shower, feed my children from a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices, dwell within the comforts of a clean home--one that encompasses way too many of life’s extras including Mr. Espresso whom I think I can't live without, and the fluffy pillow and mattress that I plop my tired body down on to rest each night.
What then do I call the next door neighbor who offers us his very round swimming pool for the entire summer, and summers past?
I call him a luxurious gift, especially since I live in a city that mirrors weather one would experience on the edges of a very dry desert during the summer months. And his thoughtfulness doesn’t end with swimming privileges, for he indulges me and spoils my children whenever he has the chance, be it See’s chocolate, sweet treats and fruit baskets, fresh avocados from the grove, and props to play out our favorite holidays. These are but a few of the ways he has served us with his kindness. God is good. His blessings are abundant. He gives me good gifts to enjoy. He provides me with giving neighbors.
This one dog paddled to the middle of the pool today without her board for the very first time. How fortunate we have been...our very own private swimming lessons, free; an expense that would have been outside of our family budget.
Over the past few summers, the girls have been able to take their time, testing the water at a pace that is comfortable for them, rather than a pace that is necessary for a swimming instructor.
My older girls certainly don’t need swimming lessons…
Though I think we could really benefit from a few more summers at Frank's to practice up on our diving skills!Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.
I Timothy 6: 17-18
1 comment:
Great pictures! What a blessing Frank is in so many ways. Your girls will remember this for EVER. :)
Post a Comment