TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Saturday, March 17, 2007

All the Green Stuff














We noticed right away that those sneaky little elves from Ireland were up to their no good green mischief rather early this morning. Perhaps the only reason they stop here to visit is because they've learned to appreciate, even celebrate, the great explosion of sugared treats that emerge unchecked along the kitchen counters upon any mention of the word holiday, but especially this particular holiday in March. Needless to say, we've been hot on their trail from the beginning since cake was the first item on the breakfast menu.

Of course, we had other deliberate clues. Leprechaun dust was everywhere...

We've learned over the years that there's absolutely no way to get into the mind of a leprechaun unless you have the right hat, a good supply of frosting, and LOTS of sprinkles...





There's nothing like a few frosted shamrocks to shake them up a bit...






And everyone loves to get in on the fun. "Prank" is written all over my children's faces.





"Here little lepy, lepy."












And what better way to confuse the little dust blowers then to stew that mildly distinguishable dish of overly fatty corned beef with cabbage, simmering all the day long in its own irresistible juices. Surely, it's enough to catch a glimpse of the gold.

Do you know why they call it leprechaun stew?

Oh boy, this is gonna be good.

Cause they fall into the crockpot when they're trying to steal our food.

Nice.

But....sometimes our little antics backfire and we realize too late that we are simply no match for these clever little men.


Uhhh, Mom...I think you better come QUICK. Something strange is beginning to happen.

Mom, do you still love me, EVEN THOUGH I'M GREEN?

Don't sweat it, Sis. She's stuck with us.


Happy St. Patty's Day!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

LOL, VERY cute, and the green face caught me by surprise. Too clever!!! Thanks for the good laugh, great post!

Unknown said...

Kathleen, I always love reading your blog! Your house seems like so much fun - I wanna come live with you gals!

Kathleen said...

Well, it's not always pretty at my house. My goal in blogging is to try and focus on the "good stuff" because there's plenty of the other! That way when I'm feeling like my life is complete and utter chaos (and it frequently is), I have documented proof that there were some great moments in between! And...it helps to have cooperation in front of the camera:-) My girls know how much I enjoy writing and taking pictures. Their contributions to my addictions definitely make life and blogging more fun!