TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Long Season on the Horizon

I knew from the beginning that I was driving right smack down the middle of another busy and crazy intersection. Of course there were no stop signs at this one, only an amber light warning me to put on the brakes and wait for the signal to change. That's when I felt my foot slam heavy and hard on the gas pedal.

I confess, sometimes I run red lights for my children because I love them.

And the speeding tickets? Well, this one was costly, since signing up for basketball meant altering the course of my already over scheduled, sleepless, and selfless existence. But it has been worth every bit of pain and suffering I've had to endure to watch them play...

to gain confidence...

stretch themselves...

stick out their tongues...

panic...a little...

then panic some more...

and finally panic a lot...hey Ref, call a foul already!

and of course, run their little butts off.


GOOOOOO KNIGHTS!!!

Did I mention that running that red light has officially changed the direction of my life and theirs as we once knew it??? Did I mention that we have four basketball games every week and one practice to boot??? Did I mention that I'm easing gracefully into my new-found position as team mom photographer until my five-year old graduates from high school in 2019??? Did I mention that my entire family breathes, eats, and sleeps with their basketballs??? Did I mention that there's an "over 50" team that encouraged me yesterday to sign up and play with them in six years???

I know there's something I forgot to mention.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

LOL, we've been having fun watching Trevor play--but it's only one game per week, and the whole thing lasts about two months! He's had a really good time, a lot of very nice boys, and they DO poop out quickly, thta's for sure!