
When Grandmama comes for a visit, it's a given that the game plan upon arrival is to play hooky from school.
Snow days are unheard of since we live in a desert climate. There's never any reason for a teacher's meeting because I make up all the rules. Honestly, I'd have to be dead before Dad would even consider hiring a substitute teacher. And Columbus and President's Day? Don't I still do the laundry, the cooking, and the cleaning on those so-called holidays?
So when you ask anyone in our family what a grandma is good for, they'll tell ya hands down that she's the best excuse EVER for a day off from school. Ivan Pavlov would have found my children to be exceptional specimens for the purpose of demonstrating "conditional reflexes" since they start salivatin' all over their school work the very second they receive verbal confirmation of Grandmama's whereabouts and future destination.
Grandmama knows that no matter when she drops by, there will always be someone
to play with;
to laugh with;
to get even with!
By far, Grandmama's best game of all
is always hide and seek...even when she's found you in the same spot a hundred times;

Meanwhile...I've stepped outside to take a few pictures of Grandmama's car in a terrible snowstorm just to make sure it's all official.
2 comments:
Is this your Mom or Bill's? Playing hide and seek is something my mom would do with my kids, even though they're big!
And, uh, did you have to go out and shovel all that s--- (snow)?
:) Kristine
That's my mom:-) She's an encourager of hiding places like the dryer and the dirty clothes baskets. Someday I just know I'm going to find one of them laying on top of all those plastic prongs inside of my dishwasher with tiny little holes in their body. And yes, all of them are engaged, though the oldest would deny it upon request. No doubt, if we had a laundry chute, my mother would probably visit twice as often.
Goodness, I do realize now that I should have posted a warning about inappropriate content on my blog. I promise I won't mention that 4-letter word again, EVER.
Post a Comment