TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Did Someone Say Cake?

Birthdays are pretty uneventful around here.











I often feel guilty that we make a bigger deal out of Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day than we do the day my children were born.

Unfortunately for them, I've settled into a pretty comfy routine and I have little desire to change something that's relatively painless for me.

I'm not totally heartless; I sing to them when they first wake up in the morning. I even showed this one how much she'd grown in the last seven years...

Aside from possibly a favorite food for breakfast, our celebrations are full of zero expectations. If we don't have cake we eat pie. If we don't have pie, we'll substitute anything sweet that won't go up in flames before we can blow out the candles. As long as there's sugar and fire, it's all good. Sprinkles are mandatory.

So is eating out and ordering her favorite food. But first we needed to torture her a bit by making her wait 45 minutes in the lobby of a restaurant that doesn't take reservations. That way she'd be good and hungry and agitated on her very special day. Top it off with a waiter who took twenty minutes to bring bread sticks to the table and we nearly had a mutiny on our hands.





Can't we just go home and eat more cake?





I'm too tired to eat now.




Sheesh, how long does it take to make mac and cheese?









I want my bed. I'm so tired I can't lift my head anymore. I can't even get up. You're going to have to carry me to the car.


Birthdays are so much fun! Only three more months till the next one...and she knows better than to order mac and cheese for her entree.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Yiyi, can you believe she's 7?? Cute pics, great looking cake!