TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bad Manners

There is a sign posted in front of the gorilla exhibit of the park we often visit that was put there specifically to educate visitors about the proper etiquette for viewing the animals, particularly the gorillas, who find it rather offensive when humans look directly into their faces.

I actually feel sort of guilty when I point my camera towards them, now having the knowledge that my behavior in this manner is at the very least, repulsive; a lens does not fool them.

Intrigued by their mannerisms which often seem to mimic my overall sentiments on a given day, I can sympathize with the gorillas, for I am all too familiar with days that did not go well, days that I just wanted to be over.

Days when I've thrown my fists up in the air after everything went wrong and screamed, "What are YOU lookin' at?"

Thank God I have learned to have a little more constraint when it comes to the use of my fingers.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

And at least you COVER UP things that no one else wants to see on your body, lol!