TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Photographic Revelations















I love looking at old pictures. The poses and the straight faces leave much to the imagination. It seems as though there must be some unsolved mystery in a face with no expression, or maybe just a few cleverly concealed secrets behind those blank stares. Is it something as simple as a few missing cookies from the freezer, or is it a tad more serious like the disappearance of mother's make-up? The old lady knows something is amiss.















See. There's just no fun story here; nothing dramatic or unguessed about a bunch of smiley fakers. They're boring. There's clearly nothing hidden, no agony of the mind present, no triumphant hardship about to be overcome.

Sometimes you can get away with a smile when the eyes can tell a story. It's amazing how much our facial features expose what's inside of us without uttering a single word.

And then there's the rare occasion when it doesn't matter what you do. I remember the day I took this picture with my mom after she'd been visiting for a few days. We were having such a wonderful time together. There's no mistaking the love this photo captures between a mother and her daughter.

Only, my mom looks so much prettier in color.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Great pics, all of them! And I like your mom better in color too!

I also like your new blog pic, very nice!