TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Perspective

















I try hard not to consume more than one carbonated beverage a day. I'm nearly through my third Pepsi and I'm not sure if I should have a fourth or whether I should give in to my misery and make myself a double Latte. I've already had my regular dose of black caffeine this morning but I sure am tempted to have another if it will make me feel better for the rest of the evening.

I think I'm behaving somewhat rationally since it's only been in the last hour that I've learned I'm missing over 400 photos from the holidays. I wish I could say that we didn't do anything over Christmas break, like bake and decorate a zillion cookies, and play with my new camera, or spend time with Uncle Brucie, my little brother, who came to visit after depriving us of his company for three whole years and then treated us to Disneyland, and play with my new camera, but I can't.

I also think I'm over the initial shock that it happened. Now I'm trying to understand why it happened. I still don't know what happened when I copied them to the disk since I'm certain I checked it after the pictures were loaded to make sure they were there, when of course they really weren't.

Acknowledging the hard facts should make me feel better. Like, before I had a digital camera, I took less than 400 pictures during the entire first four years of my marriage. And after spending oodles of money on film and developing, I was lucky if I got fifteen decent prints from a roll for all my effort. Yes, I'll be grateful that they weren't the pictures of my children at birth or that I'm not a professional photographer who's now out six month's salary for a photo shoot I did on location for National Geographic. That's far reaching I know, but I'm trying to put things in perspective here.

Here's one from my children. I could have been born a deformed, twisted, mass of double slime. Okay, that's really gross even if I am spoiled and rotten, and contemplating an overdose on caffeine.

Okay, maybe this will work...how about a miracle---no, two miracles taking place right this very minute in my very own rosebush.

Hey, these little guys do bring back a few memories...

of my first born.

Waaaahhh. I don't want perspective. I JUST WANT MY PICTURES BACK.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

((((Oh, Kathleen.)))) I know you can put it into perspective, but how very shocking.

I know it's not the same, but you might find and be able to do something with the pics you've uploaded to your blog. I googled "picasa web album" and every photo I've uploaded to my blog is there, even the ones I deleted after deciding not to use in my post. I had to create an account, and I used my blog account info.

I feel bad for you; I can imagine that sickening feeling in your stomach. :(

(I'm sure Michaela wishes THIS was one picture that you couldn't find. Thank goodness for the blur option!)

Kathy in WA said...

Oh dear, Kathleen! How terrible. Any update? Say, you've now found all the pictures and everything is well and good??