TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Immersed In Nature


We've had a chipping sparrow continue to visit our feeder this week. Talk about wiling away the hours of a school day.






This was the first time a bird from a different species decided to set up housekeeping within close proximity of the feeder, and so near to the finches. The food is good and plenty here.

My oldest daughter brought it to my attention that this sparrow has been gathering twigs right outside our kitchen window. Thus, we've all been watching the pair build their nest. I hope this means that we'll be privileged with another golden opportunity to see a few baby sparrows come into the world, in addition to our finch nest which is tucked away among our roses. We're waiting ever so impatiently!

But we're having fun indoors too, watching our caterpillars form their chrysalises in just a little less than an hour.

The icky, sticky, gooey slime he's got all over his body looks awfully similar to the food he's been eating at the bottom of the dish. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he paid a high price for his gluttony, nothing short of his body ripping open at the very seams. I didn't think metamorphosis could be so...ugghh.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Awesome photos, Kathleen.

De'Etta (SHS)