Girls' Varsity Basketball Team - 2017.
Basketball season has officially come to a close even though we'll continue to practice over the summer months. I'm so use to seeing these guys in ponytails that I've forgotten what they really look like with hair.We've recently learned that their awards ceremony next week isn't just a handshake and a trophy. The coach actually reserves a banquet room and invites families to sit down and eat an informal smorgasbord of potluck so the parents can engage themselves in a little stimulating, grown-up conversation and fellowship. I hope I can remember how to converse better than I've been able to recall the names of any of the moms and dads I'll be talking to, even though I've been told a hundred times before, even though I've said their names over and over in my head, even though I've taken multiple pictures of their children, even though I've swallowed all of those horse pills filled with fish oil, even though their names are easy...Robin and Rob, Gwen and Ben, Becky and...
So this banquet is sort of a special event. I've heard the frantic cries of my daughters all week for the haircuts they forfeited this past February because they needed their ponytails. Their excuse, at least, was valid; not like my missed hair appointment because of my, well...because of my hair cutting episode.
Of course, the very mention of the word haircut had me dialing my hairdresser's telephone number, and of course, it's the week before Easter, and of course, she can't see me until after the holiday or before the banquet for that matter...and of course, I had to reassure her that this time I would keep my hair appointment.
Meanwhile, I'm watching my youngest daughter get her head massaged and I'm thinking about how this is my most favorite part of my haircut.
And then comes the visual of seeing every single one of my daughter's hair strands all lining up at the same exact length, so perfect and straight and...
I can do this.
Don't worry, Mom. I told her to hide her scissors.
I think I'm going to like this Ball.
You know I'll be at the Ball.
I could be the Ball.




No comments:
Post a Comment