
This past year I've tried to develop more of an interest in watching birds, as well as being more consistent about immersing myself and the girls into nature. I tend to refer to the wildlife sanctuary we live near as our big backyard since we try to visit there whenever we can. Last week they had the yearly butterfly exhibit with a variety of butterfly species that we don't see in these parts.
Well into the second week, many of the insects were showing signs of wear since there were a variety of exotic birds sharing the same enclosure.
I think I like the birds so much because they have some of the same "heart" issues we humans have.
Here's a nice little family of birds minding their own nests (business).
The jealous mama in the middle decides that this stick will be much more efficient once it's in her nest even though it already belongs to the nester above, and therefore calls to her significant other to get involved at once in the matter.
Being the good mate that he is, though he has no idea what the squabble is all about (or even cares)...acts with chivalry on her behalf lest he find himself sleeping far and away in the birdhouse.
Had I understood Pelicanese, I know I would have heard him whispering under his breath, "I hope you're satisfied. Not like we don't got plenty of sticks down here, but no, you had to have the one in HER nest."
And if I could read a pelican's thoughts, these two were most likely thinking, "Just look at them carrying on like that. I don't know why it's so hard for them to get along together."
1 comment:
SPECTACULAR photos. I know you have a neat camera, but you definitely have a gift for seeing what will make a truly wonderful shot. LOVE them!
Post a Comment