TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Sunday, December 2, 2007

What's A Winter Wonderland?
















Over the highway and down through the mall
to the Pinery lot we go...

in 45 degrees
wearing pants to our knees
not a chance in the world for snow.
















In holidays past, Dad got lots of exercise pulling Nobles off their hooks and dragging them to the center of the sidewalk so that he could spin them round and round for me. It wasn't enough that I had to have a real tree. I needed to see every angle at least ten times so that I could memorize the bare spots and determine exactly how it would sit in my living room before we even drove it off the lot. One Christmas, after looking through every tree on display and coming back the following week, I finally got up enough nerve to ask the owner to untie several of the "fresher" ones from his newest delivery pile so that I could claim my tree and bring it home. That was before I had four children.

I restrained myself this year. Men make everything so easy. No spinning, no turning, even broken branches can be covered up as long as the tree loves a corner. He pointed to one, gave it a quick twirl, and asked me if I liked it.

Of course, we love it!

But it needs something doesn't it...just a little something before we take it home...

No comments: