
this family is still under major construction. Still tresspassin' on each other's private property, still kickin' up mud and makin' everything and everybody look undesireable, still diggin' holes they can't get out of; there's even been a close call or two on a couple of steep embankments. I guess we're just lucky nobody's died under all that heavy machinery...
YET.
Get close enough and we can darn near cover up all our dirt and even be halfway recognizable. (sigh) I reckon this one's even good enough for a Christmas card.
Not to mention that fourteen years ago today this child was bulldozin' her way into this world to teach me all about them hazardous road conditions, traffic delays, detours, dead ends, and unforeseeable landslides.

We celebrated the occasion by taking her out to eat Mexican for lunch cause the steakhouse she wanted to go to looked at the bunch of us and said, "we don't open for dinner until 3:30 p.m." So we filled up on chips and salsa and cranberry lemonade and praised em all for the fine job they've been doin' pushin' around all their dirt. Yep, I reckon someday, they're gonna build somethin' mighty fine, somethin' to make me really proud.
I just hope I don't run out a candles afore then.
No comments:
Post a Comment