TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Forgotton Favorites















Popcorn has never been a real popular snack at our house on account of me. I never did learn to like the microwavable brands which tasted like greasy newspaper, and when I decided a few years ago to dispose of 99% of the food products in my pantry containing hydrogenated oil, those nasty bags of oily corn were the first items to go.

After realizing very recently that I'm not even satisfying the quota for half of the recommended fiber intake that I need each day, I decided to bring popcorn back into the pantry, via Orville's gourmet popping corn, and pop it up the good ol' fashioned way. 1/2 cup of corn kernels makes a perfect serving size to accompany a sandwich and fruit at lunch, and it's cheap, too!


After Frito made room on the pantry shelf for Redenbacher, he began to worry just a little about the guaranteed freshness date on his fancy packaging.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

We eat lots of Orville's around here, but it's loaded down with butter and salt. Robert's decided that he can make it taste like it did when he was a kid. He's ditched the hot air popper and makes it in a pan on the stove with lots of oil.

(I'm rather fond of that hot air popper. He gave it to me for our first Valentine's Day. Not that I liked popcorn back then though . . .)