
Windows, cobwebs, and the leftover remains of insect meals hover thickly over porch lights begging for attention last September. No time, no time to sweep down the egg sacks so plentifully spun, wrapped, and hung with the promise of spring for thousands of new baby spiders (shudder), and now, those same dirty windows and screens that needed washing four weeks ago are covered in ash from firestorms.
The chimney is recently cleaned for burning, but the winter order of firewood on a previously made list was never attended to. An angry heart becomes resentful upon learning about the local supplier whose orchard of wood fed the fire, a convenience now lost in the smoke and the flames. A stern voice from within scolds the scolder; a cord of seasoned wood lying two feet from the garage might very well have tempted a few stray embers.
How often do I look back and say, "I'm so thankful it never got done."
I add the very first entries on my 1000 Reasons To Be Thankful List.
1. dirty windows and cobwebbed lanterns welcome me back home
2. one empty wood pile still waits patiently to be filled
1 comment:
Oh, I hope this is a list you maintain; I look forward to reading it. :)
Post a Comment