TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Little More Than Just Science

Dad is the Jack of All Trades when it comes to repairing, replacing, adjusting, wiring, soldering, re-gluing and plunging anything that stops working, breaks down, and needs fixing around here and he gets more than his fair share of undesirable jobs living in a house with five females who barely know the difference between a screwdriver and a wrench. No, I'm not mechanically inclined by any stretch of the imagination, but at least I can vouch for having a small slice of success from baking cookies, muffins, banana bread and apple pie as well as teaching history, art and math, stuff that doesn't require the use of my fingers to attach part A to part B which must then be joined to part C. Instruction manuals are simply offensive to me. I think I may even be allergic to the word technical.













So I gladly remove myself from the teaching arena when Dad pulls out the 130-in-1 Electronic Lab Kit since his track record with construction projects speaks for itself; he can do this stuff with his eyes closed.

He explains the terms to little hands and offers fatherly assistance in connecting different wires to the spring coil connections on the base to produce different sounds. "You can change the sound by changing capacitor values."

I smile because these alien terms will never find the path that leads to the left side of my brain, but perhaps they will in theirs. A mom can always hope.

Dads and daughters; they're electric all by themselves.

Big sisters are, too.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

LOVE the pics with Bill and the girls!