Doing Disney was basically like killing two birds with one stone. First and foremost, I was able to keep a close and watchful eye on Uncle Brucie, but I also had the opportunity to teach my children a valuable lesson. Anything worthwhile costs something. Even a ride has its price. And memories? All those commercials on television keep telling us they're priceless. So we all tried to make light of the fact that Disney had lured us to the park under false pretenses, stripping us of every ounce of faith we had in those big black ears. We forced ourselves to smile as we approached the next hideous line...anything short of an hour was considered...SHORT. Don't ask "tongue-face" to confirm that. She'll tell you it's not true. She made it painfully clear that she had no intention of standing any longer. Period.
But there is a God. He gave me an older child that has sympathy for the antics of her sinister sibling, which I will confirm came from ME.
It's no use. Get out your credit card, Mom.
I love to see my kid brother so humbled. Doesn't he look pretty in Pink?
Hello, Honey? Yeah, the girls just told me when they went with Uncle Brucie on the last ride they didn't have to wait at all. I said, "Fast Track?" They said, "No, he just told everyone we were looking for our mommy." Yeah, he did it on the previous ride, too.
It's been fun, Uncle Brucie.
Will he teach us how to hot wire a car next time?
I'll be back...
1 comment:
Kathleen, great story of your adventure, your sense of humor is shining through! The caption with your photo is hilarious, and you crack me up with your "ears" and "Mr. Walt" references (among others).
May the new year bring you health, clarity and continued peace.
:) Love, Kristine
Post a Comment