TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Unfinished Life

CLIP ONE: The movie

"What's That?"

"A Flower."

"That's not a flower, it's a weed."

"It's pretty though. Don't you think it's pretty?"


CLIP TWO: My life

"What have you been doing today, Kathleen?"

"Just pulling lots of weeds."

"But isn't it a beautiful day to be working outside?"

Wishful thinking for the New Year:

To learn to accept and appreciate the ugly, overbearing, uninvited intruders in the garden I tend life in without letting them spoil my view of the beautiful flowers that grow there.

To eradicate the unpleasant intrusions that camouflage themselves among my roses, with skill, grace, and patience, and count it all joy so that my effort isn't in vain from leaving the root behind.

To live in the greatest moment of my life: this moment. This tick of the clock. This beat of my heart. Not because it's pleasant or happy or easy, but because this moment is the only one I've got.

To decorate my life with the same intensive enthusiasm and creativity that my children have when they decide to make the most beautiful cookies in the whole world. And to remember that all I need is a little colored frosting and some sprinkles.












To treasure the silliness that spills out and overflows in the simple moments when our imaginations are encouraged to take a chance without caring about what anyone else thinks.

And to push those moments to their fullest capacity.


To remember that each day offers its own special treats.

















I don't want to miss a single moment because I was somewhere else instead of right here.

















To value and cherish my childhood dreams. Because when I stop dreaming, I stop living.


2 comments:

Kristine said...

Hey, love the new photo in your profile!

After seeing the pics on this post last night, I downloaded Picasa. I can't wait to play with it some more! Next thing you know, I'll be wanting a new camera too!

Kathleen said...

I think the camera is half of it. The lens on this camera allows me to get the close-up range I need so that when I crop, my pics are still crisp and clear. I used Picasa with photos I downloaded from my mom's point and shoot camera and while I was able to brighten and fix the color, any amount of cropping left the picture pretty grainy.

I do think think you'll get better coloring and you can make your photos black/white, softening, etc.