TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Monday, January 29, 2007

Sushi...For One


I've never really been fond of Sushi, but I have been known to eat California rolls for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Excessively. It's a good thing picky eaters abound in my family, otherwise, I'd have to share this little delicacy of mine. I don't like sharing my rolls.


I don't really need to bother mentioning the word seaweed since Nori looks more like dried, rotten, moldy newspaper. The visual works so much better than any word I might invent to misrepresent the truth.


She can't be serious...she's contaminating the sticky rice~!


I can hear the beginnings of stifled groans in the background as none of them would so much as allow a piece of raw meat to come anywhere near the vicinity of their virgin tongues.


I explain that the ginger will cleanse their palate of the offensive taste they might experience from mixing seaweed and raw fish together, and that it will also assist in preventing sickness from any contamination they might ingest from eating fish that might not be, well...fresh.


Does that mean that ginger tastes like soap?


I insist that the avocados' soft, slimy texture will compliment the group as a whole in camouflaging any of those objectionable ingredients; and I roll it up.


I pretty much own it at this point. Except there's one last detail...


"Wasabi-joyu" or rather...the imitation version of disguised horseradish with food coloring. No matter.

Just sprinkle a little sauce over the top. When you take that first bite, you'll experience a rush of heat along with a streaming tears effect, complete with all of its sinus-shocking sharpness. Might even take your breath away.


I'm skipping this palatal pleasure. Eat it yourself, Mom.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I would be lost at a sushi restaurant, but I really love the kind that I can buy all ready in the grocery. Lucky for me, no one else is interested either, and I add soy sauce, ginger, and a dab of the wasabi.

Unknown said...

Your sushi looks WONDERFUL! I'd love a bite!