Some days I'm just totally humbled that God made me a girl, female, woman... "What, Honey?
Okay, whatever."
I could be injecting poison into some horrified insect and wrapping up the leftover blood for my morning breakfast smoothie--wait, that sounds like it could be part of my post-treatment instructions. I could have been a tadpole that tore up my brothers and sisters into bite size morsels just because I was bigger than they were. Or, worse, they could have eaten me first.

Oh, my goodness. I could be waiting for my legs to grow.
Thank you, God, for allowing me to witness metamorphosis first-hand in the privacy of my own home so that I could run to the bathroom and throw up without humiliating myself in front of my friends. I promise I will never, ever, EVER, complain about my legs again. And whenever I feel bloated, I'll remember to count my blessings. "Hey little fella. I think you might be experiencing a slight oozing of blood mixed with your saliva."
Thank you, God, for allowing me to witness metamorphosis first-hand in the privacy of my own home so that I could run to the bathroom and throw up without humiliating myself in front of my friends. I promise I will never, ever, EVER, complain about my legs again. And whenever I feel bloated, I'll remember to count my blessings. "Hey little fella. I think you might be experiencing a slight oozing of blood mixed with your saliva."
2 comments:
*I* think your camera was a really, really good choice. I keep commenting on your photos! So do you have tadpoles? Have they been hard to grow?
Freakly little larvae, aren't they?!
I LOVE my camera! It was pricey, but I'm so glad I could spoil myself. I'm actually going to take a camera class in two weeks and I'm pretty excited about it. I really feel like the money was well spent.
Yes, our tadpoles are 51 days old today, and they are some of the freakiest little cannibals I have ever seen. We started out with 9 and 5 are still alive. I bought all the kits for frogs, ants, worms, butterflies, ladybugs, etc., as we are spreading biology out over the next two years.
Post a Comment