I put Louv down a month ago so that I could start sorting through stacks of books and cd's I've been previewing through our library system for school in the fall, but that was after he'd guilted me into planning a 192 hour road trip/vacation for which I've now been wholly convinced that I am somehow related to the Griswold family.

One can't really begin to appreciate this freeway photo until I mention that the driver of our vehicle was persuaded by his wife (me) to pursue the vehicle in question at a mere 80 miles/hour in order that I might have an unusual photo opportunity.

Hindsight is 20-20. This was definitely the precursor for "disaster up ahead..." only, I didn't know it then.

The elephant seals we encountered several long hours into the drive were amicable enough. Well, all except one. He may have been trying to tell me something as well.

Like...Gooooo Baaack.

NOWWWWW!
To be continued...
SNEAK PREVIEW: Name that Mold
1 comment:
Driving to NC last month, I saw a landscape truck on the 8 lane highway with the big 55?-gallon plastic trash cans precariously perched on top. I TOLD Robert and Trev that it was a disaster waiting to happen, and I sped up to pass him. In rush hour traffic. I was SHOCKED two mins. later to see the cans, in my rearview mirror, FLY off the top of the truck, going every which way onto the highway--with cars dodging them. The driver had NO clue.
SCARY.
Slime guess: old avocado, of course.
Post a Comment