
After driving twelve hours on Highway 101, we reached our vacation destination, hungry and weary, shortly after 7:30 p.m. There was enough light left in the day to visually validate the stench that crept up into our nostrils as we made our way through the atrium of our long dreamed of "private" vacation home on the river, whereby we received an official welcome from several unhappy Koi fish. My oldest daughter sarcastically named this room, The Garden of Tranquility.

All I remember in those first few moments of inspection was that I had a terrifying vision of $3,000.00, my peace of mind, and our entire vacation going right up in flames.

It was apparent there had been issues with water infiltration throughout the house aside from the fact that every room had a musty stagnant odor that was nauseating. The drywall paper tape was blistered and separated from the drywall in several areas, and there were other signs of water damage that would never go unnoticed by anyone in the construction industry.
We left a message with the management company late that evening informing them of our intent to leave the following morning. We expected nothing less than to be fully compensated. We were wrong.
This was definitely one of those times when I looked up and prayed, "Why did you pick me for this job, Lord?" and, "Why do you like to do things the hard way?" and, "Did it have to be on MY vacation, and on two of my daughters' birthdays?"
To be continued...
Sneak Preview: Another Sign
3 comments:
Eww. And they thought you guys staying in a moldy environment was okay how? I do hope you did get your money back and, if not, perhaps you should contact the Department of Health. Or the DEQ. Or somebody!
Oh my goodness! Kathleen, this is terrible. I'm with Ginger - isn't there some authority that will compensate you for your loss?
I'm reading backwards, from your earlier posts forward. Isn't it some type of health code violation?
Post a Comment