TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Strictly Entertainment

I know I haven't made smoothies for a while when...
















a picky eater of mine announces after dinner that she'll amuse us, Fear Factor style, by eating the leftover avocado slices (aka: slime) if she can have a smoothie the next morning.


Her behavior is encouraged on this particular evening, since it means we'll be able to prolong the clean-up of the supper dishes.


She learned in science that if she holds her nose, it will keep some of those cell receptors from recognizing scent particles from the avocado that will happily float around in her nasal cavity just as soon as she slips it in.


But how does one control the sensation of slimy avocado on one's tongue? I guess you flap your hands a lot.


Excuse me! What happened to swallowing and keeping it down for at least 30 seconds?


Just keep THINKING smoothie...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! My girls would be puzzled - they love avocado. And would kill for some good guacamole. My youngest makes a MEAN guacamole!

But then again, my kids are WEIRD. Sushi. Green vegetables. "Mom, you never buy enough FRUIT." And my finest moment? When my friend asked if they wanted Kool-Aid and they didn't know what it was! LOL!

Kristine said...

::snort::

I remember eating a dill pickle with chocolate syrup to get some sort of extra dessert when I was a kid. The problem was that the dill pickle with chocolate was the first dessert...