TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stopping By Mammoth
















Whose woods these are I think I know,

His house is in the village though.

He will not see me stopping here,
















To watch his woods
















fill up with snow.

My little horse

must think it queer,

To stop without

a farmhouse near,



















Between the woods



















and frozen lake,


The darkest evening of the year.


He gives his harness bells a shake,




To ask if there















is some mistake.








The only other sound's the sweep,













Of easy wind



















and downy flake.














The woods are lovely,

dark and deep,


But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,














And miles to go before I sleep.

ROBERT FROST

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh, I MISS sledding! It's the one thing I do that amazes my kids, lol! GREAT pics, looks like an AWEsome time, and the poem you added is terrific!!!!

(I went to Mammoth once in 1981, but we just hung out while others skiied.)

Unknown said...

What great pictures!