In Loving Memory: Mother, Grandmother, and Best Friend
Went Home to be with the Lord February 20, 2009
February 2010, For My Mother
You have always been where I return,
The home that is my harbor from the sea,
The place where what I am can easy be,
With nothing I need alter or unlearn.
That you would give has always been a given,
Your love for me is something simply there,
As plain and necessary as the air,
And just as unpretentious and unbidden.
And though I cannot give you now your due,
Which is beyond what these poor words can say,
I give you all I can this special day,
Which is the reassurance of my love for you.
Nicholas Gordon
In Loving Memory: Father, Grandfather
Went Home to be with Jesus, too. August 8, 2009
In the Blink of an Eye
LET ME WAKE EACH DAY with profound appreciation for my physical well-being. In the midst of hardship, trials and disappointment, LET ME BE HUMBLED daily for this one surreal blessing. LET ME BE REMINDED every evening as I close my eyes that my day was bathed in Your grace, full and overflowing, if only because I took every step, every breath, in good health. LET ME NOT FORGET how fragile each day is.
City Life...
Country Living!
PEACE YOU LEAVE WITH ME; YOUR PEACE YOU GIVE TO ME
Not as the world gives, do You give to me. I will not let my heart be troubled nor let it be fearful.
I'm beginning to learn that it's the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones afterall.
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Enjoy the little things. One day you may look back and realize...they were the big things.
1 comment:
The baskets are fabulous, and I love what you did with the coloring!
Post a Comment