Putting a smile on the face of a child doesn't take millions. It simply takes a giving heart and a few extra dollars to bring about a colorful memory that will last them a lifetime. I'm learning that I can't really give others a glimpse of God's own heart and His love for the world until I show them what sacrifice is. My time is most often my greatest sacrifice.
Game days and nights for the teams become first priority on my "to do" list for the months of January, February and March. School work suffers, but I have counted the cost. This is for the Kingdom.Two of my children are not old enough to play this year. It is difficult for them to watch the games from the stands while their mother clicks off image after image on her digital camera and brings home over 200 pictures to sift through, hopeful that at least 30 will be print worthy. Coupons are extracted from the Sunday papers for dinner discounts. Any restaurant where a kid can eat for free is utilized during basketball season because we are rarely home.
Photographs are printed and passed out like presents at Christmas and a blog is created for visitors.My "other" blog!
Young and old faces alike shine with appreciation because unexpected gifts are by far, the most precious ones afterall.
And me, I'm one step closer to going Home.
1 comment:
Kathleen, I checked out the other blog. I can only imagine how very time consuming it is--but how FUN too!!! What a nice gift for the other families to enjoy, whether it's to pass on the link to grandparents, to let the kids just look through the photos, or to print anything to keep. Your photos look terrific.
What a blessing you are to the teams.
Post a Comment