I've learned in a very short period of time that neglecting to inspect every side of the fruit regularly, means I end up with no fruit, and that makes me a very unhappy (and hungry) farmer.
It WAS a clever and inconspicuous endeavor; a community effort from the looks of it. No doubt, the work of a community organizer. See him up there...at the top?
The facts are, that my organic garden provides plenty of rotting vegetation on the surface of the soil to keep every one of them critters happy and well nourished. "Greedy, ungrateful, stupid woodlice! Didn't your mother ever tell you not to bite the fruit of the farmer that feeds you?"
I called in my reinforcements: the Chicken Party Express: Taco (above), Emma, Kiwi, Bluey, Silva, Liz, Jenna, and Elmo.
I told them they couldn't have mousy because it would be too painful to watch (and my youngin's were already calling me a murderer), but they sure made short order of those woodlice.
1 comment:
Rolypolys are really wood lice? I've always thought rolypolys are like ladybugs--there name is what makes them somewhat attractive.
LOVE your Chicken Party Express tag, lol.
(Why is there a LIVE mouse ON the trap?)
Post a Comment