
It was my daughter who pointed out to me several seconds later that he was a baby rattler. Knowing that I had neglected to put on my leather gloves that night, I quietly wrestled with a chilling thought or two about his indecision to strike me and where I might have ended up if he'd chosen to do so. He wasn't so lucky. His death was certain and swift.
Life is precarious, isn't it?
The girls were invited in early December to a house decorating party where the host built her houses out of home-made gingerbread cookie dough.

I never gave much thought to this holiday tradition because the kits in the craft stores always looked like they tasted like cardboard.

I marveled over the girls' creativity and made a mental note of the smiles that stretched far and wide across their faces.

After eating everything BUT the cardboard, we decided to have a party so that we wouldn't have to wait until next Christmas to make them again!
1 comment:
Your snake. UGH!!!! We have one that hangs around here, but he's a black snake that eats small rodents, so I'm okay with that--at least as okay with a snake as I'm going to get. He's blind in one eye, which makes me feel a little better too.
Love your, "His death was certain and swift" comment at the end.
I admire your dedication to actually making gingerbread. I've only ever done the kits. But you know I'm not much of a baker... The gingerbread houses are adorable!
Post a Comment