
A batch of chocolate chip cookies, one milk chocolate bar, a pitcher of orange juice, and glowing candles become the props for an afternoon tea party.
Today, one mother's heart rejoices in the little things that are big things, sweet and delicious, for two young daughters who waited a very long time for an opportunity to get together with new friends from basketball. It finally comes. All those silly giggles over right manners mixed in with expressive laughter and many "Thank you, Mrs. Mueller's," make it difficult to determine who's enjoying the moment more; me or them. OF COURSE, ME!
As evening draws near, the focus shifts from tea parties to cotillions as two young ladies, sunburned after two hours of outdoor basketball practice, shower before spending too many minutes in the bathroom getting ready to attend their very first dance.
Photographs covering the hall wall behind two evening party dresses remind me that two of the babies I once held in my arms are nearly grown up now. Definitely, my moment again, complete with watering eyes and "I can't believe it's."
1 comment:
Oh, no, no, no! Just when you are enjoying the social activities of the little girls, you have to face the grown up social activities of the big girls! I'm sure it was all quite wonderful, and truly, how amazing that both were on the same day! Great pics too, I loved the dresses on the hangers.
Post a Comment