TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Sunday, October 25, 2009

6 Weeks In A Cast

In mid-February, with a new pair of crutches and an air boot strapped to my left leg, I hobbled onto a plane to spend time with my mother, who elected end of life care with Hospice after a long battle with ALS.

Earlier that week during an evening downpour of falling rain, I made the mistake of slipping off a hidden curb submerged in dark puddles of water. Thirty minutes later I found myself in the emergency room with a confirmed foot fracture that left me agonizingly helpless and frustrated during that difficult time.

Several weeks later, Dad was able to arrange time off for a much needed change of scenery for me, and we took the girls to the snow so they could play while I rested with my feet up (literally)!


This one was for Grandmama, because we know she would have insisted on climbing right up there next to the girls. Everything Grandmama did was always oversized. I guess that's why we miss her so much.


How I miss you my dear, sweet Mother. You were and will always be my SuneeOne.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

What a blessing for the girls to have a bit of a distraction at this time.