TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Monday, September 10, 2007

Child's Play
















I never tire of watching my children work at their play.

How I need to remember that it is important to let them carry out their tasks, to give them more time to finish up what they've left undone because in the past, when I've been ready to go, I've expected them to be ready "right now." When it was time to clean up, I wanted it done "right this minute." In asking myself how often I could follow my own orders without hesitation, without reluctance if someone was barking them at me, the answer comes too easily, and I am humbled by how often I have made unreasonable requests.

I am even more humbled by how often they have followed through with more grace than I would have.

She sets about her work vigorously,
her arms are strong for her tasks.


Proverbs 31:17

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Now there's a post to make me feel guilty!

Actually, I've been trying to be a little more conscious of this, but I guess anything is a start. Holly's NOT thrilled about having a real art curriculum this year. We did the second day today, and I've planned it to be done at the end of our school day so she can truly have some time to enjoy it. She thought she was finished, but with a little encouragement, she did some more work, adding some to her drawing. I think we both enjoyed it . . .