TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Thursday, August 30, 2007

What Are The Odds...












of cracking an egg with two yokes inside? I've opened a lot of eggs in my lifetime to know it's probably one in ten thousand.

On Monday, the odds for each of my daughters to audition successfully for a part in Charlotte's Web at the Broadway Theater was one in three, one in twelve for all four making it into the play together. I feared there would be disappointment, someone left out, tears to dry, and feelings to console. They waited with anticipation for the phone call on Tuesday, while I silently prepared myself for a not-so-perfect outcome.

But the Director knew. He gives good gifts to His children. I call it nothing less than divine intervention. He shows me time and again that nothing is impossible. He affirms my direction in the little things which are very big things for my children, and our faith grows.

And now with 40 tickets in hand that my children are required to sell, that gnawing fear in my stomach returns at the thought of falling short on our agreement. I don't want to be like Peter who lost his focus and began to fall after Jesus told him to "Come."

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

Mathew 14:31:

1 comment:

Kristine said...

VERY clever how you tied in the eggs and the girls' auditions!

AMAZING that they all got parts, yippee!

I love that verse, I had it next to my computer for several months in CSpgs before we moved. I NEEDED to be reminded a lot to not be afraid!