TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Preparing For Babies

I never thought I would get so attached to our New Zealand bunnies (which are now young adults), but after raising them for nearly a year, I have found myself to be quite taken with the task of getting to know and understand these sweet animals whom are both curious and affectionate; characteristics that have made the work of caring for them more rewarding than I could have ever imagined.














In early January, we were expecting Stella (Latin translation: Star) to give birth to her first new litter of kits, but the 31st day came and went, and Stella remained bunniless much to our disappointment, maybe not to hers!




















But the following month, right on schedule on the morning of February 5th, Stella began to pull her belly hair to make a soft, warm nest for six, hairless newborns.


24 Hours Old

1 comment:

Kristine said...

They may be sweet babies, but I think you have to have a momma's heart to think they are really beautiful, lol.

When I first saw the momma rabbit pic, I thought she must be some kind of bearded rabbit. Shows what I know.