TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's A Celebration

Kissed by the sun on the Golden Gate Bridge!



Thankfully, all of our plans the following day were indoors. Our first stop was Mrs. Grossman's factory in Petaluma to see how her stickers are made. I can't say that any of us were terribly impressed. We were escorted to a room to watch a very long and boring video before viewing the factory, and the tour proved to be as unimpressive as the video.

We did enjoy Mrs. Grossman's large display room which was divided into sections for the new stickers she made each year. Her very first sticker was a heart. The girls also enjoyed browsing through the thousands of stickers in the gift shop. And of course, we had to bring some home with us!



Our next stop was the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield.


This was a spectacular tour. No cameras were allowed in either tours, but this was definitely a wonderful experience, and one I would highly recommend. Though the tour was completely behind glass, we were high above the ground floor and were able to look down into this amazing factory. Every facet of jellybean making, from coloring jellybeans, to tray stacking by robots, to final packaging by workers was exposed for viewing.


We didn't leave here empty-handed either!


Last Stop: Dinsert at A&W Root Beer.


Is this a happy kid, or what?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,
It's so good to see you posting again. I have missed your blog. So sorry to hear about your mom and the property. It looks like your vacation was amazing.
Blessings,
Laura

Unknown said...

I would have LOVED the Jelly Belly factory! Yum! Just no buttered popcorn flavored ones for me, please. :^)

Kristine said...

Jelly Bellies! They always make me think of Ronald Reagan! I remember seeing his famous Jelly Belly jar on his desk when my 4th grade class toured the Capitol. No sign of the Governor though... (Of course this took place back in the 1700s.)

Sounds like a fascinating tour!

And "Dinsert"? A dinner made of dessert?

SOOOOOO good to catch up with you. I've missed you.