TEA FOR YOU AND ME

TEA FOR YOU AND ME
THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - PART II

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BEEEEEEEEEP



How does one interrupt a program that hasn't been running for two full months?

Like this:









We interrupt this very dead and lonely blog to inform those persons who even remotely check this site anymore that we are still alive and kicking, and we happen to be smack in the middle of escrow on the lot we were only dreaming about buying back in May.

It's happening, it's real, and I've been buried (can one be buried like...ten times?) between the Gospel of John, the Middle Ages, Chemistry and General Science, Algebra II and Algebra I, King Arthur and Robin Hood, and other novels not to be missed like Charlotte Mason's, Ourselves (a book every teenager should read), and of course, Pilgrim's Progress and Laura Ingalls' By the Shores of Silver Lake. Not to mention (but I will) we've been humming to Palestrina's, Missa Papae Marcelli in the mornings when we aren't singing Blessed Assurance, The Star Spangled Banner and Barbara Allen in between emails and phone calls to and from both the architect and lender who have advised us it will be nothing short of a miracle if we close this deal in less than 60 days (October 27, to be exact), as required by the seller because the property was in foreclosure. Whew! The only thing truly missing in all this chaos is a pregnancy! STRIKE THAT!

God is continuing to open incredible doors for our family in ways I couldn't have imagined just five months ago, and I'm very anxious to share all of it as soon as things return to normal (I'm lying, they will never be normal again), AND...I get to post the rest of our vacation pictures and all the other photos that are hogging up space on my SanDisks from three months ago.

And I did say I was interrupting, so I'm giving myself permission to post these two pictures from the lot that we hope will soon belong to us.

Oh, and did I mention that my daughters are all old enough now to dig ditches and move rocks in all that dusty dirt, and lay hundreds of feet of pipe that will require getting that blue gooey glue all over their fingers after they break off all their pretty painted fingernails from sanding wood until their fingers are numb and they think they can't bear to pick up one more nail or screw among tons of construction trash.

I know I left something out. Oh yeah. On a clear day (unlike this one), you can see all the way to the island of Catalina.

It might just very well be one wild and exciting year...

BEEEEEEEEEP.............

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Hey, I'm checking! It sounds like this IS your new normal. :) What a blessing to enjoy the ride!

(And tell me more about the Ourselves book if you get a chance, even if you just email me the name of the author.)

Unknown said...

I've been checking! Great to hear you haven't been bored. :^)

And, boy, WHAT A VIEW!!!

Kathy in WA said...

I'm checking too! Glad you're not being lazy. Ha! Gorgeous pictures (as always). Keep us informed.